On July 31st, The Best of Intima magazine held the 12th edition of The Best of Intima Awards to honour the most accomplished independent retailers in the intimate apparel, beachwear and loungewear sectors from the United States and Canada. An array of the most influential and prominent names in the field gathered for a cocktail at New York City’s exclusive Tribeca Rooftop and Francesca Spinetta, Co-owner and Editorial Director of the Intima magazines, welcomed guests before introducing Guido Campello, CEO and Creative Director of Cosabella to officially open this year’s awards ceremony.
This year, 33 finalists were chosen out of over 350 nominees put forward by the jury, covering five categories: Concept Store, European Flair, Reference Shop, Personal Touch and The Best of Intima’s Choice. The 2016 Jury was comprised of representatives from twenty prestigious brands: Anita, b.tempt’d, Chantelle, Commando, Cosabella, Empreinte, Epure, Fantasie, Freya, Hanky Panky, Hanro, Le Mystère, Lise Charmel, Natori, Panache, Rosa Faia, Simone Pérèle, Skarlett Blue, Triumph, Wacoal.
The 2016 Best of Intima Awards Winners are:
- Concept Store: Inside the Armoire, presented by Lida Orzeck, Co-Founder and CEO of Hanky Panky;
- European Flair: Coup de Foudre, presented by Kerry O’ Brien, Designer and CEO of Commando;
- Reference Shop: Allure Intimate Apparel, presented by Sonja Winther, President of Chantelle America;
- Personal Touch: Bra-La-La, presented by Mary Alice Kelly, Director of Eveden;
- The Best of Intima’s Choice: Brooklyn Fox, presented by Francesca Spinetta, Co-Owner and Editorial Director of Intima magazines.
Some stores also struck a chord with the editorial team, who decided they deserved a Special Recognition Prize:
- Best Store Design: Gena Lisa Lingerie
- Best Inspirational Story: Sweetest Secret Boutique
- Best Newcomer: Lace & Day
Two prestigious intimate apparel brands also decided to celebrate their anniversaries during The Best of Intima Awards gala. German brand Anita awarded its 130th Anniversary Award to Town Shop and Lingerie Emma, while Colombian brand Leonisa offered its 60th Anniversary Award to Classic Shapewear.