On 1st March 2015 German trade magazine, Sous, hosted a glamorous gala event in Munich for the Sterne (Stars) of underwear. The coveted prizes are awarded annually to the best intimate apparel shops and department stores in Germany, and to celebrate the 10th anniversary of these ‘Oscars’ of the underwear world the event was held at Schuhbeck’s Teatro, a fascinating dinner show created by celebrity chef Alfons Schuhbeck.
A high calibre jury of 21 well known underwear brands voted on 50 shops in 6 Award Categories (Reference Shops, Personal Touch, Concept Shops, Textile Houses, New Stores/New Look and Departments). 300 VIPs attended the glittering Awards ceremony – owners and representatives of the most important lingerie speciality stores, buyers and heads of departments, decision makers from the textile industry, winners from previous years as well as members of the jury.
TV Moderator, Roman Roell, added to the evening of excitement and high emotion and the Awards ceremony was also accompanied by engaging show acts and an after show party, bringing together a who’s who of the underwear world.
Sterne der Wäsche 2015 Winners
- New Store/New Look: Bed & Bath (Munich) and Feine Wäsche Jacobs (Berlin)
- Textile House: Modehaus Wellner (Hameln)
- Department Store: Carsch-Haus (Düsseldorf)
First Time Winners
- Reference Shop: Warnecke am Hochzeitshaus (Hameln)
- Personal Touch: HKS Wäsche & Dessous (Düsseldorf)
- Concept Shop: Le Pop Lingerie (Cologne)
- Textile House: CJ Schmidt (Husum)
- Reference Shop: Baeumcher (Wiesbaden) and Maute-Benger (Stuttgart)
- Personal Touch: Ansary (Munich) and Gaby’s Wäscheladen (Kirchheimbolanden)
- Concept Shop: Bernstein Underwear (Mannheim)
- Textile House: Lengermann + Trieschmann (Osnabrück)
Best Supplier Awards
- Best SS14 Underwear Collection: Marie Jo
- Best SS14 Swimwear Collection: Sunflair
- Best SS14 Nightwear Collection: Calida
- Best Erotic Underwear: Aubade
2015 marked the 6th time the Sous Marketing Award honoured the most creative and successful campaign. Laura Tassias, owner of the Laura Tassias Fashion Lingerie boutique in Wiesbaden, won the coveted Award this year for her exceptional marketing actions.